POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a global engineering and manufacturing company headquartered in St. Louis who has been recognized for their outstanding quality and services. The company operates an extensive network of facilities and employs approximately 2,000 employees. They are seeking a Human Resources Director to provide strategic leadership to multiple sites and approximately 900 employees. This role will provide an opportunity to influence initiatives supporting company policies and procedures and work closely with leadership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise performance management program to identify top performers and retain talent.
- Develop and administer manufacturing training programs to support workforce continuity and evolution.
- Oversee successor development plans and identify key retention risks.
- Support proactive employee relations program to enhance employee engagement.
- Identify employee relation trends to assist leadership.
- Develop and execute strategic recruitment and retention plans to support operational effectiveness.
- Mentor site HR managers to ensure excellent HR leadership and partnership at all facilities.
- Evaluate policies and procedures considering evolving business needs and make improvement recommendations.
- Measure effectiveness of all programs and implement appropriate adjustments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or HR Management
- 7-10 years of HR management experience or the equivalent in training, education and experience.
- PHR, SPHR or GPHR certification preferred.
- Multi-site HR management experience required; manufacturing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in building teams and working effectively in a team environment.
- Employee relations experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR-related regulations at all levels.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills including strong listening skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and HRM (Workday preferred).
- Domestic travel 25% to 30%.