POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a real estate developer based in downtown St. Louis. Their Human Resources department is seeking a payroll clerk to assist with processing and employee questions relating to payroll. This temporary role may become a permanent placement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and summarize timekeeping information in preparation for payroll processing.
- Identify and obtain approval for timekeeping discrepancies.
- Process special requests such as child support and garnishments.
- Monitor pending transactions for changes and updates.
- Calculate and process manual check requests.
- Verify new hire information in payroll system and notify new hires of eligibility for benefit enrollment.
- Process employment verification requests.
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred but not required.
- Minimum three years of payroll processing experience including multi-state processing.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Experience in Paylocity, ADP, Workday and/or Ultimate Software.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Office experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours.