POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a dynamic, fast-growing leader in their industry. Their product has been recognized for its consistent quality and selected for many highly visible and notable construction projects. They are currently searching for a Commercial Finance Analyst to enhance their sales and supply chain teams. They will rely on this team member to provide key analytical information for making business decisions. Their ideal candidate will bring prior analysis and data mining experience, exceptional critical thinker skills, and strong attention to detail.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use multiple data sources to evaluate current business climate, analyze industry trends, and identify market opportunities.
- Provide detailed evaluation and analysis of current product-related markets, sales profitability, competitors, new profit opportunities, sales volume forecasting and product strategy.
- Coordinate with sales team to create, maintain, and improve on-demand analysis reporting and tools.
- Create and maintain volume, pricing, and margin data; generate market information reporting.
- Comprehend and provide analysis for pricing, volume, and profitability reports.
- Coordinate monthly sales forecasting activities.
- Work with IT team, vendors, and stakeholders to develop existing systems and new programs from testing to implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of financial, sales or commercial analyst experience involving collecting, organizing, and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and tactical.
- Strong investigative skills ensuring development of relevant data leading to accurate findings.
- Excellent analytical skills, especially processing data and drawing insights from the information.
- Ability to formulate independent analysis with great attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to concisely articulate findings.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience developing and using Excel-based models and conducting quantitative analysis.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools.
- Motivated, proactive self-starter with the ability to work with urgency and meet deadlines.
- Focus on continuous improvement to identify and implement process improvement opportunities and eliminate wasteful pursuits.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10%.