POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a long-standing and financially solid construction company operating in multiple states, is looking for a Senior Accountant to be a significant part of their team. Operating as the Controller's right-hand person, this position ensures that all general ledger activity is properly reflected. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a small team, actively accounting for overall operations of the company with the opportunity to make a significant impact!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing processes and related financial reporting.
- Reconcile bank accounts, prepare related journal entries and maintain daily cash report.
- Ensure the filing of sales & use tax returns and compliance with the Department of Revenue in each of the states that the companies operate.
- Perform job audits on a regular basis to verify transactions and review for accuracy/reasonableness.
- Research accounting issues and processes; recommend solutions or process improvements and work with other departments as necessary to implement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years’ accounting experience in the construction industry.
- Proficiency working with ERP software, with experience with Sage 300 CRE/Timberline preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.