POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join their Accounting Shared Services team. This is a special opportunity to join an engaging and forming team and will be part of a leading business in a critical role and have the ability to grow as the team grows. Essential to this role are accuracy, enforcing controls, and the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision. The right candidate will value and own the work.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review vendor invoices and enter into accounting system.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Properly code invoices, upload to electronic approval system, and properly distribute payment on approval.
- Process check requests; initiate ACH payments and wire transfers.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Accurately maintain all AP documentation according to company procedures and adopted accounting practices.
- Maintain vendor files including W-9 and insurance certificates.
- Reconcile vendor statements; identify, research, and resolve discrepancies.
- Address all vendor inquiries.
- Prepare and file 1099 returns.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college level coursework in accounting a plus.
- Minimum two years of accounts payable experience with knowledge of common principles and practices.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in a business setting.
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP software package.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers at all organizational levels.
- Strong commitment to completing quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a team member in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Attention to detail a must!