POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global engineering and manufacturing company headquartered in St. Charles, operates a network of facilities and employs approximately 2,000 people. They are seeking a Program Manager to lead a large integrated team responsible for planning and executing complex projects across the company. This role requires interaction with multiple organizations both inside and outside the company and offers an opportunity to positively impact the company’s strategic agenda.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage assigned projects from proposal through completion ensuring all program requirements are addressed.
- Participate in proposal development and project planning.
- Direct all project activity meeting all requirements.
- Prepare all summary and completion project documentation.
- Address changes and risks on a pro-active basis.
- Ensure smooth transitions from one project stage to the next.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams ensuring effective communication and integration.
- Partner with Finance to manage actual project costs to budget.
- Provide project status reports to senior management and Board of Directors as requested.
- Balance company and customer needs as they relate to project activities.
- Serve as primary project contact for customers, leading reviews and coordinating performance.
- Support and mentor project managers.
- Develop solutions and processes to meet project requirements with company applicability in mind.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent education, training and experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in aerospace industry required; experience in multiple disciplines a plus.
- Excellent communication and computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Visio and CATIA required.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple priorities under changing requirements.
- Provide team leadership, effectively delegate and successfully facilitate change.
- Ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables, define problems, collect data, draw conclusions and facilitate decision-making.
- Willingness and ability to travel.