POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, is a leader in product engineering and innovation serving the automotive industry for over 50+ years. With over 1,000 employees nationwide, they have created a unique and award-winning company with customer satisfaction as their ultimate goal. They are currently seeking a Human Resources Director to fill a newly created role focusing on the ~175 professional employees located at their corporate headquarters. The position is structured to devote 70% of the time to Organizational Development/Talent Management and the remaining 30% to Employee Relations. This is a unique opportunity to partner with the company’s business leaders in an entrepreneurial culture and effect positive change in this evolving organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with business leaders to develop a thorough understanding of the business and foster a work environment that promotes the company’s values, strategic vision and goals.
- Ensure alignment with short-term and long-term business goals in organizational structure, employee engagement, talent development and customer satisfaction both inside and outside the organization.
- Optimize performance and potential of professional employees including managing the annual performance review process.
- Collaborate with company departments to develop effective performance plans, training programs and hiring practices to maintain a highly motivating work environment.
- Continuously improve policies, programs and services such as recruitment, onboarding, compensation, training, succession planning and communication to benefit both employees and the company.
- Advise and train employees on all aspects of company policies and procedures.
- Address corporate office employee hotline issues including reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in Human Resources demonstrating increasing levels of knowledge and responsibility.
- Significant experience in project management.
- Ability to think both strategically and analytically.
- Highly developed organizational and self-management skills.
- Unquestioned ability to maintain confidentiality of all types of information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.