POSITION SUMMARY: Due to a recent promotion, we have been engaged by our client to identify and evaluate manufacturing leaders with previous Defense/Aerospace experience (REQUIRED) capable of running a full P&L and leading a complex manufacturing operation during a time of significant growth. This person will be a change agent and needs to quickly establish trust and influence throughout their plant as well as with the Divisional Manufacturing Director. I am looking for high energy manufacturing leaders who act like owners, display a genuine passion for their business, and proactively make decisions to improve/drive the business vs. waiting for direction.
The Plant Manager will run a full P&L and have responsibility for developing their operations management team, establishing the strategic vision & messaging to the plant, and enhancing the Lean/Six Sigma initiatives within the plant. Looking for a leader of people versus a manager of activities to enhance operational performance through employee engagement, motivation, and development. Success in this role will not only be determined by the performance of the plant, but also by the ability to work with other Plant Managers on developing Best Practices across manufacturing specialties. Relocation Assistance available.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and development to their management team and employees to motivate, challenge and guide activities pertinent to operational efficiencies, quality, production schedules, customer satisfaction, and profitability for their plant.
- Review staffing levels and adjust accordingly based on changing needs of the business and to ensure on-time delivery. Assess the organizational structure and reporting lines, adjusting as necessary based on business needs and program fluctuations.
- Lead/Support cross-functional partnerships to achieve company strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Champion cross-functional team activities in the review, justification, acquisition, installation and development of progressive system improvements, technology advancements and equipment/facility expansions and/or acquisitions.
- Instill a Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement mindset throughout the operation.
- Provide direction in the formulation, development and implementation of company quality, production, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- Develop plans, programs and culture to ensure site compliance with company, State and Federal regulatory guidelines and statutes related to the production of the company’s product and services.
- Develop positive relationships with customer representatives, supplier representatives, and community leaders. Serve as a company representative to the community, its customers, and government agencies.
- Deploy operational initiatives including sales forecasts, staffing requirements, team building strategies, and other initiatives.
- Experience developing and managing operating and capital investment plans REQUIRED.
COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Financial Acumen - experience in managing a business to financial metrics and P&L responsibilities.
- Business Acumen - establish data points and metrics to drive the business. Possess sound and decisive decision‑making skills based on a blend of knowledge, experience, judgment, and analysis.
- Leadership - experience building dynamic and high performing management teams with the ability to motivate and inspire their employees required. Develop management teams capable of explaining their area's metrics and making decisions from them.
- Employee Engagement - promote positive employee relationships and experience working with HR on creating employee development plans.
- Continuous Improvement - solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma processes and their importance in reducing cycle times and cost reductions.
- Relationship Building - nurture, grow, and strengthen relationships with shop floor employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Critical Thinking - ability to apply logic to a wide range of abstract and practical problems faced in the context of business, and problem solve for positive outcomes required.
- Integrity - role model and positive influence on those around him/her. Demonstrate unquestionable integrity and character. Bring out the best in others with these qualities.
Bachelor’s in Business, Engineering, Operations or related field is required, (Master’s/MBA preferred) along with 10+ years of progressive operations leadership experience in complex manufacturing (machining or fabrication preferred).
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing is required.
- Ability to travel 20% - 25%.