POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist for a contract position lasting approximately 12 weeks in their Brentwood, MO, corporate office. This position will be responsible for end-to-end payroll processing in the United States and Canada.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process payroll for various states and with different frequencies from a variety of transaction types including timesheets, electronic hours collection, status changes, new hires, terminations, adjustments, etc.
- Determine pay and deductions including taxes, insurance, 401K, etc.
- Process irregular payments such as incentives (promotions, relocation, etc.) and wage attachments.
- Review and reconcile payroll processing, reporting and bank deposits.
- Maintain accurate payroll records.
- Create General Ledger file for Finance.
- Distribute payroll checks, stubs, W2s, etc.
- Provide support and resolution for payroll questions and issues.
- Strong payroll knowledge with minimum 4 years general payroll / data processing experience required.
- Minimum 2 years payroll tax processing experience.
- System experience with UltiPro, ADP or Ceridian preferred.
- Experience with Canadian payroll processing preferred.
- Knowledge of FLSA, payroll laws, taxes and regulations, FSLA, year-end processing and W2 forms required.
- Experience processing court-ordered deductions.
- Proficiency in Excel and general mathematics.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to analyze data and multitask.
- Excellent customer service, communication and collaboration skills.