POSITION SUMMARY: The Accounts Payable/Accounting Analyst is primarily responsible for processing and maintaining all A/P records from purchase through payment as well as monitoring related accounts, processes, policies and controls. The position also assists with general ledger and closing duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility for validating, reconciling, coding and entering invoices for raw materials, freight, and general expenses through a three-way match process while monitoring approval controls. This includes calculating FX conversions and weight conversions.
- Review and monitor vendor payment agreements for discounts, terms, contracted rates and end dates.
- Process expense reports through Concur, and monitor usage and process company credit card transactions.
- Investigate and resolve issues associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Verify, track and report appropriate sales and use tax for government spending.
- Set up new vendors and maintain W-9 information. Process 1099s according to government guidelines.
- Process checks for payment and prepare for mailing.
- Maintain and organize all payable files.
- Assist in close process through accruals, reconciliations and other areas as needed.
- Understand and apply sales and use tax rules for a manufacturing business.
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS:
- Detailed & Accurate – Able to identify inconsistencies and/or errors in complex situations quickly. Ensure a high level of accuracy by thorough review and revision of material relating to projects, decisions and actions.
- Analytical & Problem Solver – Quickly, completely and accurately sort through challenging and complex issues, often using sophisticated testing methods. Obtain relevant information through people and data, think logically while focusing on what is critical and important. Able to identify root causes, generate reasonable alternatives and create buy-in to support implementation of the chosen solution.
- Organized – Able to forecast tasks, processes, resources and time needed to accomplish objectives. Anticipate problems and revise plans to meet changing circumstances. Plan and coordinate work with others.
- Financial Acumen – Understand the financial implications of business decisions and use this knowledge for guidance. Establish controls to safeguard assets and create reports to improve overall performance.
- Results Driven – Achieve results through and with others. Able to articulate business needs professionally and powerfully. Establish high standards for performance, pursue aggressive goals and persist in the face of obstacles. Strong commitment to the organization and maintain a team focus even when challenged.
- Associate Degree and 3-5 years of related experience.
- Advanced Excel skill set required (pivot tables, V-Lookups, charts, graphs, etc.)
- Knowledge of ERP systems; experience with Macola and/or IFS is a plus.