POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a mid-sized technology company in West County, is experiencing double digit growth. This highly visible and challenging role will be fully responsible for their asset management, including a high volume of additions each month, disposals and depreciation, along with month-end closing and reporting procedures. The role also offers the opportunity to work across departments and closely with management and operations personnel. If you are a high performer looking for a chance to take ownership and develop your career, please keep reading!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare additions, disposals and transfers to the fixed assets system.
- Analyze financial data; extract and define relevant information with a high degree of accuracy.
- Interpret data to determine past financial performance and/or project future financial probability.
- Utilize software applications such as spreadsheets and databases to assemble, manipulate and format data and reports.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting; research and resolve differences.
- Initiate and process journal entries in accordance with GAAP and internal controls.
- Assist with monthly reporting preparation for senior management.
- Develop and implement process improvements to drive efficiency.
- Verify documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of strong general accounting experience including fixed assets.
- Well-developed organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask with appropriate prioritization for timeliness, importance and deadlines.
- Ability to work appropriately with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual or member of a team in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in using MS Office and Windows-based applications.
- Customer service focus portraying enthusiasm and professionalism.