POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, an international manufacturer headquartered in St. Louis, is seeking an Accountant to join their team. This position will be responsible for participating and leading month-end close and the inventory valuation process as well as driving automation and process improvements while supporting a strong internal controls system. This role will interface with cross-functional teams as well as multiple locations to ensure accurate financials and meet the management team’s requirements. The role will continuously evolve as this client is building out a new business unit and seeking this Accountant to take the lead on the financial accounting. The company is looking for someone with a strong analytical approach, the ability to make data-driven decisions, and a continuous improvement mindset.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively participate and lead month-end close.
- Actively participate in the annual inventory valuation process.
- Assist in providing account analysis on various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Perform journal entries and prepare account reconciliations.
- Support year-end financial statement audit and interface with the external auditors.
- Work with executive leadership to provide analysis and support of assigned business unit.
- Document new processes and procedures.
- Other responsibilities and ad hoc requests as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of Finance or Accounting experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.