POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a provider of integrated logistics and transportation services in the U.S. and internationally, is seeking an Accountant due to promotion. This position will assist with overall general accounting, account reconciliation and analysis, financial reporting, and budgeting and forecasting. This position is located in downtown St. Louis.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package and truly believes in career development and growth!
What is great about this opportunity?
- Great exposure to a wide variety of general accounting responsibilities working under a CPA.
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility over time and grow your career.
- Casual environment working in an office located in a historic district. Jeans can be worn daily!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the monthly close process with preparation of journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts including research as needed.
- Perform detailed financial and economic analysis to assist management decision making.
- Monitor accruals for consistency and accuracy.
- Review and perform data analytics on company results.
- Work with auditors and others within the department to gather information as needed.
- Assist in capital planning.
- Produce detailed memos on outcomes of research and financial results.
- Assist the Director of Accounting and Senior Accountant with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred but will consider new graduate.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel utilizing Pivot Tables and VLOOKUPs.