POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, operates a large number of healthcare service outlets in several states. They are seeking an Accounting Manager who will report to the Director of Accounting. This position will oversee the month-end close process as well as be involved with external audit and budgets. The ideal candidate will identify opportunities for improvement and lead change implementation. The Accounting Manager will share supervision of at least three staff and senior accountants.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage month-end close process including journal entry review, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Ensure general ledger is consistent with GAAP and company policies.
- Ensure processes and internal controls are followed.
- Assist with external audits.
- Supervise staff and senior accountant daily activities.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams regarding operational, management and acquisition activities.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA strongly preferred; public accounting experience a plus.
- Proficient accounting skills including processes, controls, analysis and reconciliations.
- Strong understanding of and ability to utilize GAAP.
- 5+ years of relevant experience including familiarity with multi-state operations, working in a high growth, fast paced environment, supervising others, and knowledge of retail healthcare.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word; experience using ERP a plus.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.