POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a consistently named TOP workplace and top franchise service organization adding to their growing accounting team. They are seeking an Accounting Manager for their St. Louis corporate headquarters. Under the direction of the VP Finance/CFO, the primary focus of the role will be to oversee all financial and accounting activities including entity reporting and filing. The role requires exceptional attention to detail, superior judgement, and strong ethics. Also critical will be the ability to communicate and collaborate both inside and outside the organization. The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary based on experience and retention bonuses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage general ledger, fixed assets, and tax accounts.
- Prepare account reconciliations, research variances, and journal entries.
- Organize and analyze financial information to prepare month-end and year-end close.
- Manage month-end financial reporting process.
- Process executive division payroll.
- Complete monthly expense allocation process.
- Manage banking process including monitoring cash balances, positive pay, and administering employee accounts.
- Manage tax filings and compliance with federal, state, and local jurisdictions including property tax declarations, filings, and business licenses.
- Guide and support direct reports; conduct informal performance reviews.
- Coordinate and direct Franchise Accountant and Corporate Accountant activities.
- Assist Vice President of Finance in the preparation of annual budget and financial forecasts.
- Coordinate annual audits with external auditors including financial and insurance.
- Partner with IT to streamline and automate processes.
- Continuously identify opportunities with the ERP to improve reporting efficiencies and cost savings.
- Complete special projects, run ad hoc reports, and conduct analysis on various initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Master’s degree in accounting and/or Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in an accounting management role.
- Experience managing an accounting team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and specifically Excel including complex formulas.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite ERP a plus.