POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a mid-sized, privately owned service-related organization in a dynamic industry with operations in the U.S. and Canada. They are committed to delivering efficient and effective services with the highest level of safety while growing their core services and expanding to new lines of business. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Manager for their Customer Vendor Relations and AP Disbursement Group. One essential qualification for this role is to be an expert user of Concur software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee scheduling and preparing payments; monitor payment discount opportunities.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice and/or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information.
- Oversee Concur processes ensuring simplicity and customer service.
- Prepare Excel files related to internal business matters as requested.
- Provide accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff.
- Respond to financial questions and concerns to meet business needs.
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- 7+ years of accounting experience preferred.
- Concur software experience required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all organization levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet required deadlines.