POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, Electrical Components International, is seeking an Accounts Receivable and Reporting Analyst to join their growing accounting and finance team. Primary responsibilities will include timely cash application and reporting of past due accounts. In addition, analyzing and resolving situations such as unapplied cash, payment reconciliation, and exception investigation will be part of the duties. In addition, this role will develop daily, weekly, and monthly past due AR reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile payments to ensure correct cash application.
- Investigate exceptions in cash received to make sure the payment is allocated to correct invoices.
- Work closely with Credit and Collections Manager and/or customer on resolving existing on account payments.
- Review payment information from customers to improve cash application process.
- Prepare daily Accounts Receivable Dashboard.
- Vendor SCF fees reconciliation.
- Vendor SCF fees Accrual Calculation.
- EBITDA Expenses Report.
- Analyze financial data and create models to support decisionmakers.
- Perform bi-monthly payment run process.
- Adhere to month end deadlines.
- Additional projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or minimum five (5) years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Cash application experience a plus.
- Ability to build technical and detailed work instructions/SOPs and report summaries required.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle heavy workload and work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out assignments to their completion and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and managers.
- Advanced MS Office/Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills required.
- Advanced Power BI skills a plus.
- Experience with BPCS/AS400 operating systems is a plus.