POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, Electrical Components International, is looking for an Accounts Receivable Manager to assume responsibility for monitoring and managing day-to-day collections strategies and credit risk assessments, evaluating customer performance, and analyzing credit levels for current and future customers while leading a team responsible for working with external customers on all receivable activities. In addition, you will partner with sales, customer service and the plants to collaborate on various process improvement initiatives to streamline collection efforts, identifying sustainable solutions to resolve issues related to quantity, prices and missing invoices which delay payments. This position will provide reporting to senior management on customer past due dollars and actions leading to a resolution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage incoming credit requests by investigating credit worthiness and recommending credit limits to management for approval.
- Work with your team and management to resolve accounts and/or determine whether a hold should be placed or removed from a customer.
- Perform account reconciliations, identify issues, and implement long-term solutions to avoid future failures.
- Prepare AR Aging report to be reviewed with and to drive management decisions.
- Partner with sales and customer service to resolved customer account issues and to drive permanent solutions.
- Perform month end responsibilities including reporting and monthly journal entries for Accounts Receivable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or minimum five (5) years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to build technical and detailed work instructions/SOPs required.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out assignments to their completion and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Highly skilled at problem-solving and analytics.
- Ability to handle heavy workload and work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Advanced MS Office/Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience with BPCS/AS400 operating systems a plus.
- Advanced Power BI skills a plus.