POSITION SUMMARY: Our not-for-profit client is seeking an Assistant Controller to participate in executing and overseeing their organization’s financial activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses, and prepare reports summarizing and interpreting current and projected financial position.
- Develop and prepare clear, concise, and analytical reports for management summarizing financial and operational activities.
- Review annual budget preparation and quarterly performance reports.
- Assist with coordinating the annual audit of all entities comprising the organization’s combined financial statements.
- Coordinate implementing corrective responses to comments from external auditors’ annual management letter.
- Assist with the interpreting and implementing accounting standard changes.
- Recommend improvements to financial/accounting practices and procedures.
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or equivalent; CPA preferred.
- Four to ten years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with and applying various mathematical concepts and fundamentals.
- Ability to Interpret technical material and address both concrete and abstract variables.
- Strong problem-solving skills including defining, researching, analyzing, and drawing supported conclusions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret business publications, documents, and regulations.
- Capacity to compose business correspondence, reports, and manuals.
- Effective financial presentation skills and ability to answer questions from a wide audience.
- Capacity to establish and maintain professional relationships across the organization’s various operations.