POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global electrical manufacturer with headquarters located in the St. Louis metro area, is seeking a Benefits & Compensation Manager to join their organization. This role will manage, design and automate the benefit programs for the organization’s ~1,800 U.S. based employees ensuring market competitiveness to recruit and retain a talented workforce. Provides strategic and operational leadership and oversight of the organization’s design and administration of all Benefits and Compensation programs, policies and practices. This position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources. The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing or industrial background and bring an upbeat, team-oriented, employee‑focused attitude. Our client offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, good work life balance (including the option to work remote 2-3 days per week) and development opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic, operational and oversight leadership for design and administration of all benefits and compensation programs, policies and practices.
- Research, analyze and integrate market data to educate and consider improvements regarding benefits and compensation programs.
- Participate in surveys and analyze data to ensure competitive programs.
- Identify needs for modifications and enhancements and recommend solutions regarding employee offerings, program design and administrative procedures.
- Track and evaluate benefits vendor performance and address any issues.
- Monitor and strategize regarding benefit program costs; prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in managing budgeted funds.
- Maintain current salary grading of all positions.
- Support HR with benefits and compensation expertise including interpreting complex issues and practices.
- Coordinate benefits annual enrollment, performance appraisal and merit increase processes.
- Assess need and provide training and communication regarding benefits and compensation to various leadership and employee groups including preparation and distribution of materials, documents and resources.
- Participate in the company’s HRIS activities as they relate to benefits and compensation; develop knowledge of self-service employee and management modules.
- Provide oversight for 401(k) and non-discrimination testing.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements (federal and state) including reporting.
- Oversee FMLA administration.
- Bachelor’s degree; PHR/SPHR and CEBS/CBP/CCP certifications a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience in compensation and benefits program design, implementation and management.
- Knowledge of applicable employment and tax laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of payroll aspects of employee benefits policies, procedures and reporting.
- Outstanding communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong skills in organization, execution, and team building.
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to forecast outcomes using various reporting tools.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Some travel to site locations during open enrollment.