POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global electrical manufacturer, is seeking a Benefits Specialist to initially assist with benefits administration over the next four to five months. There is strong potential for this temporary role to convert to a direct hire opportunity. This role will enjoy a combination of working both in the office and remotely. Training will take place in the office for the first few weeks and then the majority of the work can be completed while working remotely.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer programs such as COBRA, LOA, FMLA, and others while adhering to both legal requirements and in‑house regulations.
- Process all 401k manual enrollments and leaves of absence quickly and accurately.
- Assist with explaining benefits offerings and enrollment for new employees.
- Assist with resolving any employee benefits questions.
- Answer eligibility questions.
- Work with insurance providers and benefits administrators to resolve issues.
- Assist with any payroll/benefit audits by pulling data, reviewing data, etc.
- Assist with data entry/setup of Paycom system as requested.
- Help develop process/protocol documents for HR as well as employees to assist with onboarding or ongoing training/instruction for benefits, payroll, and/or utilization of Paycom.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years of related hands-on benefits administration experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to properly manage all confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.