POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global electrical manufacturer, is seeking a Benefits Specialist to assist with benefits administration for 4 to 5 months. This role would be a combination of working in office and remote. You will likely be in the office to be trained for the first 1-2 weeks, but then the majority of the work would be remote.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administration of COBRA, LOAs, FMLA usage and other issues as required by legal requirements and in-house regulations.
- Process any manual enrollment for 401k or leaves quickly and accurately.
- Assist with explanation of benefits and instruction on enrollment for new employees.
- Assist with resolving any benefits questions from employees.
- Answer questions regarding eligibility.
- Work with insurance providers and benefits administrators to resolve issues.
- Assist with any payroll/benefit audits – pulling data, reviewing data, etc.
- Assist with data entry/setup of Paycom system as requested.
- Help develop process/protocol documents for HR as well as employees to assist with onboarding or ongoing training or instruction for benefits, payroll, and/or utilization of Paycom.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of related hands-on benefits administration experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to properly manage all confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.