Our client is a leader in the transportation industry. They are adding a Billing Analyst to join their regionally centralized billing group. This role manages the monthly customer billing process; ensuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness of billings per contract specifications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly customer billing templates in conjunction with data provided by location management.
- Communicate with location management to ensure accuracy of monthly customer billings.
- Review customer contracts - specifically language relative to revenue generation - to gain a full understanding of all billable services.
- Ensure master billing templates in Excel are in accordance with customer contracted rates and other billable items and contain correct formulas.
- Maintain master billing templates, annual customer rate sheets and calendars.
- Maintain monthly completed/final billing templates.
- Make recommendations to improve customer billing templates and make the agreed upon changes.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of actual monthly invoicing to final billing templates.
- Assist Finance Manager with monthly revenue variance reconciliations upon request.
- Annually cross-audit billing templates and invoices prepared by others.
- Assist with management of the A/R Aging, including invoicing corrections such a Debit Memos, Credit Memos and Voids.
- May assist with training and mentoring other Billing Analysts.
- 1-2 years of billing experience.
- Experience working with service contracts.
- MS Excel required (intermediate level knowledge).
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and organize work assignments, styles and relationships.