Benskin & Hott Talent Partners, LLC
POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a rapidly growing company, is seeking a Billing and Collections Manager to join their organization. This role is ideal for someone who is inspired by an ever-changing, dynamic business environment who wants to be both a contributor and problem solver.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Cash Applications and Accounts Receivable (Billing & Collections) Teams.
- Review invoices, credit memos, and appropriate coding.
- Address billing and invoicing issues.
- Facilitate weekly collection runs to maximize capital.
- Respond to external and internal customers with billing and accounts receivable inquiries.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures relating to Accounts Receivable.
- Manage monthly close functions.
- Reconcile AR ledgers and designated accounts.
- Analyze AR aging on a periodic basis.
- Provide a weekly report on aged receivables balances.
- Prepare monthly bad debt reserve analysis and assist in preparation of the quarterly adjustments.
- Actively manage capital management metrics (DSO, aged balances) and report to management.
- Develop and provide relevant insights for internal finance business partners.
- Monitor Billing and Collections team KPIs.
- Manage and motivate direct reports including job performance factors such as quality, efficiency, and teamwork to foster cooperation and improvement.
- Develop employees by providing on-the-job training, creating a development plan, rotating jobs, etc.
- Create processes and documents as needed including back fill and cross training plans.
- Proactively identify opportunities for change which support business objectives and improve the client experience.
- Initiate or collaborate to drive process improvements for efficiency, quality, and/or compliance.
- Proactively identify work automation opportunities to ensure scalability.
- Support annual audits and other internal control measures as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 8 years of accounting experience; accounts receivable experience a plus.
- Solid knowledge of general accounting principles and procedures.
- Intellectual curiosity with the flexibility to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong results orientation with superb integrity and honesty.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity including motivating and unifying teams.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills to understand and address business and leadership needs.
- Strong technical experience with advanced software skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint); NetSuite preferred.