Our client, a leader in consumer durable medical equipment, focuses on extensive and compassionate services which positively impact their patients’ lives. Due to rapid growth, they are adding a Billing Specialist to their Accounts Receivable team! This company has a very positive culture, people enjoy the work they do, believe in the company’s mission, take pride in the products they provide and work well together! This is a great opportunity to be an integral player in the growth of the organization. If you enjoy variety in your work, are a multi-tasker and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity may be for you!
If you have experience in insurance, Medicare and/or healthcare billing and would like to expand your knowledge into other areas of Accounts Receivable, enjoy variety in your work, are a multi-tasker and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity may be for you!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily billing activities including Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, and private pay. Ensure routing of all third-party billing to appropriate department for outsourced billing.
- Generate a wide variety of periodic reporting that has been reviewed for accuracy and corrected as needed.
- Analyze all claim and appeal submissions to ensure accuracy and compliance with all payer coverage requirements. Alert appropriate team members regarding late or missing documents required for billing.
- Identify trends and provide feedback on billing issues and uncollectible accounts.
- Perform other functions as assigned to contribute to the team effort.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum two years of experience in a billing or accounting setting.
- One year of medical billing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and health insurance/billing practices.
- Understanding of insurance carrier plan payment practices including Medicare relating to coinsurance, deductible, and percentage calculations.
- Ability to stay organized and appropriately prioritize assigned work.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to productively interact with a wide range of people inside and outside the organization.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Word and ability to operate a ten-key calculator.