POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a global manufacturing company that designs, develops and delivers industry leading technology solutions for their customers in many industries including medical, defense, technology and automotive just to name a few. They are seeking a Buyer Planner to join the company in a temp to perm role.
The Buyer Planner is primarily responsible for performing material planning activities in the Demand, Production, and Supplier Planning functions of customer demand fulfillment to ensure total customer satisfaction within required timeline, quality standards, and total cost constraints.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and maintain delivery schedules/due dates in MRP system based on customer demand.
- Provide Customer Service team with lead times regarding promise dates for customer orders.
- Analyze and inform appropriate departments regarding material status/requirements for fulfilling customer demand.
- Communicate with sales personnel and customers for forecast and production schedule maintenance.
- Schedule production using tools such as sales orders, historical data, sales forecasts, and product manager/sales management input.
- Check inventory availability prior to firming/releasing work orders using system queries and reports.
- Collaborate with multiple sites and suppliers to ensure proper inventory levels for finished goods and components.
- Assist with inventory level management to meet customer orders along with safety and distribution stock.
- Manage supplier schedules and supplier demand visibility as required; support supplier training activity as required.
- Maintain discrete purchase orders and supplier schedules based on MRP and engineering change orders.
- Monitor and calculate material cost savings plans and targets; collaborate with Materials Management and Category Management teams in supplier negotiation initiatives as needed.
- Develop, improve, and monitor reporting processes and systems to control supply chain functions.
- Collaborate with Materials Management team to optimize supply chain and logistics solutions to maximize customer on time delivery while minimizing inventory investment.
- Demonstrated experience in production/materials planning/MRP required; QAD preferred.
- Scheduling and planning experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability and willingness to complete elements of CPIM APICS within 18 months of hire.
- Capacity to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions (P/D/C/A).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft programs, especially Excel.
- Meaningful experience with integrated manufacturing software systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey information.