Our client, a leader in consumer durable medical equipment, focuses on extensive and compassionate services which positively impact their patients’ lives. Due to rapid growth, they are adding a Collections Specialist to their Accounts Receivable team!
If you have experience in insurance, Medicare and/or healthcare collections this role is a great opportunity to learn and grow in this expanding company’s accounting division!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run Accounts Receivable reports and follow-up on insurance claim status.
- Communicate with patients regarding billing and collections.
- Assist with researching and processing patient billing to ensure patient statements display the correct address.
- Assist with analyzing and resolving billing discrepancies.
- Perform administrative duties essential to successful billing/project operations as directed.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum two years of experience processing accounts payable and receivable.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with patient contacts, collections, and billing.
- Knowledge of posting insurance payments, adjustments, and offsets.
- Understanding of insurance carrier plan configurations including Medicare relating to coinsurance, deductible, and percentage calculations.
- Experience with and knowledge of medical terminology, billing and records documentation preferred.
- Ability to stay organized and appropriately prioritize assigned work.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to productively interact with a wide range of people inside and outside the organization.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Excel and Word and ability to operate a ten-key calculator.