POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a flourishing St. Louis-based not-for-profit that provides rehabilitative community services. They are seeking a Communications and Event Manager to advance the organization's purpose and goals, sharing and promoting the organization and its mission to investors, partners, public and team members. This role will focus on creating and executing media and public relations strategies, serve as in-house copywriter and plan/execute special events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute innovative media and public relations strategies to build broad base organizational support including composing and distributing public communication.
- Create and implement strategies to address negative media exposure and other risks relating to promotion.
- Serve as a copywriter for the organization with involvement in internal and external projects such as investor and fundraising communication, website and social media, and leadership addresses.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal teams to standardize messaging and follow branding guidelines.
- Assist with grant writing efforts as needed.
- Plan and execute a variety of ongoing special events including establishing goals, budgeting, and timeline, negotiating vendor contracts, promoting event participation, and managing logistics and post event activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, or related field; knowledge of non-profit environment a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate across a variety of channels to a wide and diverse audience.
- Experience with journalistic writing for publication.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to network, build/maintain relationships, and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Excellent time management including the ability to effectively direct activity, prioritize multiple projects, and meet competing deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality requirements and respect for privacy in a variety of circumstances.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; experience with WordPress a plus.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.