POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a growing financial company located in downtown St. Louis, is seeking a Compensation Analyst to administer the company’s compensation programs, maintaining compensation systems, procedures and controls in accordance with company policies. Reporting to the Head of Compensation, this individual will contribute to the design and maintenance of the company’s compensation infrastructure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate job positions with managers and HR team members to determine FLSA classifications and benchmark competitive compensation.
- Write job descriptions, establish pay ranges and compile cost-of-living data.
- Conduct and participate in compensation research and surveys; compile data, create reports and benchmark salary recommendations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the annual merit salary administration program.
- Assist in the maintenance of EEO data, file the EEO-1 annual report and maintain records to conform with EEO regulations.
- Maintain records relating to compensation; submit reports for compensation planning and performance appraisal programs.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate laws and regulations.
- Provide assistance with compensation and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or HR Management.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in compensation or a related area.
- Working knowledge of compensation methodologies, commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of compensation program plan design, legal requirements concerning compensation and human resources principles.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, project management skills and deadline orientation.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to evaluate issues and potential outcomes as well as strengths and weaknesses of potential approaches and solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including all analysis functionality.