POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a consumer goods company headquartered in St. Louis, is seeking a Compensation Analyst to assist with their compensation program. Included in the scope of work will be evaluating compensation plan structure, administering periodic merit and incentive processes, and conducting surveys and analysis as well as other related responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use published and internal data to evaluate and recommend compensation structure for both new and existing positions under the guidance of the Senior Compensation Manager.
- Ensure that all requested compensation adjustments comply with current company policy.
- Assist Human Resources business partners with questions and issues relating to compensation.
- Calculate final payouts for terminations and provide required data to payroll in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate data for annual survey preparation.
- Create and prepare monthly reports using the HRIS database.
- Maintain job codes, salary grades and EEO-1 categories in the HRIS database.
- Assist with data entry for payroll and HRIS systems.
- Provide analytical support for the corporate compensation team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources and 1-2 years of experience in compensation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, reason and think critically.
- Capable of working independently and taking initiative as a contributing team member.
- Proficient Excel user; excellent general computer skills.
- Effective communication skills with all organization levels.