POSITION SUMMARY: Our client believes strongly in offering employees development opportunities and has a strong belief and focus in promoting from within. A recent promotion has created an opening with this stable and well‑respected organization located 25 miles southeast from Belleville, IL. The Compensation and HRIS Manager is an individual contributor role and will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and administration of the company’s compensation programs for ~600 hourly, non-exempt and exempt employees. This role is responsible for leading the job analysis process (including conducting salary surveys), recommends annual merit budgets, and wage structure movement. Manages annual short-term incentive program; makes recommendations for incentive components. Oversees the administration and security function of all HR systems including HRIS system and Learning Management System.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for conducting local and national salary surveys to ensure competitiveness within industry specific base pay and total compensation.
- Ensure total rewards are in alignment to attract and retain the best talent.
- Manages short term incentive program including design, documentation, calculation of results and payouts. Maintains appropriate “scorecard” files.
- Assists in creating job descriptions, determine the FLSA classification and market price the position.
- Establishes and maintains annual performance cycle and salary increase calendars.
- Oversees system administrator duties for HRIS system and LMS system including Performance Management and Succession Planning modules. Partner with HR Manager on the set-up of these modules.
- Maintains corporate performance management system.
- Recommends annual merit budgets and exempt, nonexempt and hourly wage structure movement.
- Performs 401k year end testing, oversees 401(k) audit and 5500 benefit filings.
- Submits biweekly and quarterly HSA contributions, and 401(k) payroll contributions.
- Monitors all pay action, overtime practices, etc., to assure full compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance or related field preferred.
- Certified compensation professional a plus.
- 5 or more years of compensation design and administration experience in an industrial environment preferred.
- Contemporary knowledge of technical advancements in performance management and compensation management systems.
- 3 or more years of HRIS system experience.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to complete assignments.
- Capacity to maintain unwavering confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.