Our client is seeking someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. Are you currently an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller ready for your next challenge? Does working for an organization with a “small company, family feel” empowered by an entrepreneurial culture interest you? Does being backed by a multi-billion-dollar global company offering unlimited growth and opportunity appeal to you? If so, this is an opportunity you should consider!
Our client has exclusively engaged our firm to conduct a search for a Controller to handle the United States region of the business. They are a leading manufacturer and distributor of a specialty products for the manufacturing industry. The company’s spirit of innovation and focus on identifying solutions for their customers is what makes them so successful.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Controller is expected to be a major contributor to the development and execution of the Annual Plan, manage the creation of financial statements for the region, and assure that all month-end activities are correct and timely. They must be an agent for change, collaborating on Operational Excellence continuous improvement initiatives throughout their region, focusing on its customers and supporting business projects, and must drive the business forward through talent development and strong management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, control and manage the financial activities, transactions and resources (people and processes) of the region.
- Ensure accurate consolidation and timely reporting of the region’s financial information in compliance with company policies and GAAP.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information to key stakeholders in the region including explaining data to management to drive business decisions. Help identify specific problems of the business and provide assistance to the regional stakeholders in the analysis of day-to-day problems.
- Provide direction and assistance to all departments for preparation of the annual budget and annual plan used to measure and evaluate the financial status of the region.
- Establish and maintain financial calculations and representations in expense and capital expenditure requests. Establish, implement and maintain policies, procedures and instructions to safeguard assets, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the review, implementation and documentation of external controls.
- Ensure attainment of minimum average audit rating and strive for above average rating for all locations within the region.
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness in meeting company goals. This many include selecting and onboarding talent, communicating effectively to foster a culture of engagement and cascading vision, and creating goal alignment and coaching through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Coordinate and participate with physical inventories and inventory grading on a periodic basis; assist in reduction of months on hand and slow-moving/obsolete inventory.
- Champion the effective use of change management principles, strategies and techniques to plan, implement and evaluate change. Simplify processes and continually seek cost cutting and efficient ways to improve.
- Maintain training and development plans for direct reports and overall department.
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement by applying key Lean Manufacturing, 80/20 and PLS production principles/techniques, make process improvement recommendations to supervision, and implement actions.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field required, preferably within a manufacturing organization.
- Minimum five years of experience in Accounting with a minimum of two years in a management capacity, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Strong leadership ability with ability to influence.
- Ability to function as a business partner with all senior executives and their staffs.
- Continuous improvement mentality with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, coach and develop direct reports, creating a continuous learning environment.
- Ability to identify and articulate problems, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the result does not materialize as previously projected.
- Strong cost accounting skills developed in manufacturing environments.
- Strong information technology skills with a proficiency in the knowledge and use of MS Office (Word, Excel).