POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, is an industry leading manufacturer. They are seeking an Corporate Accountant to play a critical role in their monthly close and forecasting processes in addition to annual planning. Strong accounting and analytical skills are essential for the required integrity and accuracy in reporting. Continuous improvement, working across functional areas, and mentoring less experienced accountants are all components of this role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform accounting for travel and procurement card processing including recording rebates and journal entries for expenses and accruals.
- Provide accounting support for process improvements relating to travel and procurement cards, preparing manual journal entries and reconciliations for timely and accurate resolution.
- Analyze cost centers regarding trends and variance analysis.
- Manage prepaid rent schedules and related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Coordinate monthly leasing entry calculations, recording journal entries and maintaining reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of loading operating plan and forecasts into Oracle and HFM.
- Support periodic audits with internal and external participants.
- Serve as a peer leader for technical experience and project coordination.
- Additional analysis and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Three to five years of corporate accounting experience with increasing responsibility.
- Experience working in an organization with multiple divisions/locations or shared service structure.
- Strong transactional, analytical, and research skills.
- Ability to contribute new ideas and think critically.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to resolve issues and a desire to learn.
- Ability to work independently, adapt, and grasp new concepts quickly.
- Effective organizational skills managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel (proficient with v-lookups, pivots, formulas).
- Experience working in a multi-system environment; knowledge of Oracle and/or Hyperion a plus.