POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a regional healthcare service provider, is seeking a Corporate Benefits & Leave of Absence Specialist to administer their benefit programs within the specified guidelines. Coordinating enrollments for a full benefits package at multiple sites, duties will include new hire orientation and annual open enrollment. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Benefits, the Corporate Benefits Specialist will also communicate with third-party service providers and administer FMLA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Present benefits overview at new hire orientation for all facilities.
- Manage new hire enrollments for all benefits such as health, dental, life insurance, disability, etc. including assistance with completing forms, answering questions, and tracking eligibility compliance.
- Send benefit verification letters to confirm new or revised enrollments.
- Ensure accurate and timely submissions to all benefit carriers.
- Submit benefit deductions to payroll for set up and processing.
- Assist employees, beneficiaries, and providers in verifying eligibility, conveying information, and processing claims.
- Coordinate 401K quarterly enrollment meetings and paperwork; provide deductions to payroll for set up.
- Administer employee benefit programs and corporate FMLA.
- Complete Child Support Compliance paperwork and notify employee of any required coverage changes.
- Revise and update all distributed benefits information and forms in compliance with guidelines and changes.
- Ensure compliance with all Department of Labor requirements and regulations.
- Complete all required training and stay informed on benefits changes and updates.
- Review annual audit file selections and verify required paperwork is in order.
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Certified Employee Benefits Specialist preferred.
- 2-5 years of related experience; 5-6 years of benefit/human resources experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and efficiently manage time.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Mature personality with courteous approach to customer service.
- Ability to properly manage all confidential information and communication.
- Capacity to appropriately handle job-related stress.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.