POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a highly profitable specialized contract manufacturer located in the Metro East that is highly revered within their industry. They are currently seeking a dynamic and innovative Corporate Controller as they are transforming their Accounting function to keep pace with their company growth and business strategy. The Corporate Controller is a senior management position that reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and has significant responsibility as to corporate governance, growth planning, quality of earnings and overall enterprise value creation within the company. The position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This role will be responsible for centralizing the Controllership function, developing the current staff, hiring additional staff and will work closely with the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. The company offers a competitive total compensation package and comprehensive benefits package.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and execute accounting activities including accurate and timely reporting in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Manage accounting operations including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Credit, Fixed Assets and General Ledger.
- Manage all closings (monthly, quarterly, year-end) and preparation of related consolidated financial reports.
- Develop and implement accounting and control policies and processes that meet GAAP and provide consistent and relevant financial results to leadership.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting practices, GAAP and related standards and issues, striving for continuous improvement and maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Collaborate with the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis to create and implement comprehensive financial reporting strategies to support effective internal and external decision making.
- Manage daily treasury activities including cash flow, debt and capital management.
- Lead and manage inventory accounting ensuring accurate valuation and strong controls.
- Partner with IT to improve system and reporting utilization and capability.
- Lead and manage the annual audit and tax return processes as the company’s primary liaison.
- Serve as a resource for the CFO as well as operational and leadership teams.
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring for the accounting function.
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance with significant accounting emphasis.
- CPA or CMA certification highly preferred; strong knowledge of GAAP is critical.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in financial leadership indicating progressive responsibility.
- Experience in production environment with multiple locations required.
- Experience in high growth, dynamic environment an asset.
- Prior experience working for Private Equity owned company a huge plus.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment while maintaining consistently calm leadership and support.
- Ability to delegate while demonstrating a customer service orientation.