POSITION SUMMARY: Our manufacturing client located in the St. Louis metro area is adding a Customer Service Team Leader to their high performing, fast-paced organization. This leadership role is a trusted advisor responsible for ensuring operational excellence in service delivery execution in order to assure customer outcomes are achieved and to create and maintain a customer-centric service culture.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in improving processes and creating efficiencies. Our client needs an individual who can look at current state and identify gaps, issues, problem areas and create improvements to gain a more efficient customer order process, create a positive customer experience and improve profitability. This role will require someone with leadership skills to oversee the Customer Service & Order Entry Team currently comprised of a team of ~25 individuals; including a team of 5 in Mexico.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership of Customer Service and Order Entry team including but not limited to hiring, onboarding and developing members, monitoring and evaluating performance, resolving personnel issues and forecasting staffing needs to address business demand.
- Monitor and report daily Customer Service results and metrics.
- Develop and track Key Performance Indicators to enable team members to reach targets; prepare and present reports to communicate progress and service levels to leadership.
- Build high performing teams through training, collaboration and performance rewards to maximize productivity.
- Create and implement constructive customer service procedures including escalation guidelines.
- Serve as escalation contact and partner with various departments to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Track and improve customer service task error rates across the teams.
- Conduct customer reviews to assess satisfaction and address complaints.
- Serve as liaison between customers and various internal departments to convey information and resolve issues.
- Maintain customer database (Salesforce) with current contact information.
- Develop and follow a budget that meets the needs of both the teams and the organization.
- Partner with HR to manage temporary employees hired through staffing agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a business-related field preferred.
- Proven track record on improving processes and creating efficiencies.
- 5+ years of customer service or related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of management experience in association with high performing teams.
- Customer centric approach with well-developed customer relations skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Familiar with ERP/MRP systems; QAD a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including proper grammar and accurate spelling.
- Strong analytical, coaching and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot.
- Robust organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and calmly cope in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with a multi-cultural workforce a plus.