Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, has been a true leader in product engineering and innovation for the automotive service industry for over 75 years. With more than 1,000 employees nationwide, they have created a unique and award‑winning company with customer satisfaction as their ultimate goal. They are currently seeking a Director of Talent Management & Human Resources to fill a newly created role focusing on the 300 professional employees located at their corporate headquarters. This role is projected to spend 60-70% on Talent Management, 20-30% on Employee Relations and 10-20% as the HR Business Partner for the corporate office.
This position will work with the management team to develop and execute a people strategy and long-term vision for growing their professional team while strengthening their committed, high performance culture. In addition, this position will work closely with a range of individuals within and outside the organization to develop and implement programs and practices that retain and develop staff. The main focus will initially be creating the structure, programs and processes to develop and drive initiatives around company culture, employee onboarding, training, career development, coaching/mentoring programs, performance management, engagement and retention, succession planning and management/leadership development. The ideal candidate must be capable of exercising initiative, discretion and good judgment while providing counsel, developing roadmaps, and executing on key people-related programs while demonstrating effective and efficient project management. Significant experience with all aspects of people operations and HR strategy and a proven track record are paramount.
The person in this role will need to be part visionary to develop or identify the correct third parties for programs that result in the overall growth and development of talent, and part front-line deployment leader to roll out and continually improve the programs. This role is critical to our client’s success in realizing overall goals and objectives related to employee development, and a unique opportunity to leverage expertise in human resources and specifically talent management in partnership with company leaders in an entrepreneurial culture to make a meaningful impact on this evolving organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate and be the resident expert on talent management trends and change management.
- Partner with business leaders to develop a thorough understanding of the business and foster a work environment that promotes the company’s values, strategic vision and goals.
- Work closely with business leaders to develop insights and identify organizational needs that inform and influence business and talent strategies.
- Proactively collaborate with business leaders to build, implement and manage talent programs and processes.
- Ensure alignment with short-term and long-term business goals in organizational structure, employee engagement, talent development and customer satisfaction both inside and outside the organization.
- Responsible for creating, leading, maintaining and continuously improving talent management programs and practices such as recruitment, onboarding, training, assessment, succession planning, career development, workforce retention and communication to benefit both employees and the company.
- Create and manage new employee onboarding, identifying new strategies/processes/tools.
- Collaborate with corporate department leaders to develop effective performance plans and training programs to maintain a highly motivating work environment.
- Determine and recommend employee engagement initiatives, strategies and practices such as surveys and action planning necessary to establish a positive employer‑employee relationship and promote a high level of employee engagement.
- Identify opportunities to create, implement and standardize manager and employee coaching and training to build the next generation of leaders.
- Design and oversee leadership/management development programs.
- Assess training and development needs; manage development programming.
- Develop and/or implement career pathing tools and experiences such as leadership behaviors, on-the-job development resources and access to other learning opportunities.
- Optimize performance and potential of professional employees including managing effective annual talent review and performance management processes.
- Oversee the performance management practice, continuing to ensure the company-wide talent management process is supporting the company’s commitment to continuous learning, coaching and feedback.
- Strengthen the culture; work with the team to organize and execute team-building events and keep company culture top of mind.
- Advise and train employees on all aspects of company policies and procedures.
- Coach managers on how to deal with problematic performance issues and participate in the development and execution of performance improvement plans.
- Address corporate office employee hotline issues including reporting as needed.
- Advise leadership on talent concerns and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- 7-10 years of Human Resources experience demonstrating increasing levels of knowledge and responsibility.
- Significant experience with talent and people operations in high growth environments.
- Experience implementing company-wide talent management programs and processes.
- Significant experience in project management.
- Confident and self-aware with a superior professionalism, tact, initiative and diplomacy.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically with an innovative spirit.
- Proven track record as an influential change agent, championing, organizing, facilitating, and successfully and efficiently executing new ideas and initiatives.
- Highly developed organizational skills and self-management with the ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with various levels across the organization.
- Unquestioned ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion.