POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, is an industry leading manufacturer. They are seeking a Financial Analyst II to help with implementing new accounting standards and supporting Jsox/Internal Controls testing and compliance. The role includes exposure to multiple locations and operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support process owners with Jsox/Internal Controls testing including annual internal audit and self-assessment testing with completed checklist review.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of new lease management process including reviewing agreements, updating expirations and options, setting up software, and reviewing invoices/payments.
- Engage with process owners to review controls and consider process improvements, ensuring appropriate development and control levels.
- Assist with managing and coordinating periodic audits and reviews involving internal and external partners along with completing compilations.
- Work closely with global partners on processes and initiatives.
- Complete all requirements for government reporting.
- Additional analysis and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting (preferred).
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry or 2+ years of public accounting experience; public accounting in the manufacturing sector strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an organization with multiple divisions/locations or shared service structure.
- Knowledge of internal controls, financial reporting, accounting principles including US GAAP; IFRS, COSO Internal Control Framework and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements; Jsox knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of general accounting with ability to apply accounting policies.
- New lease accounting knowledge a plus.
- Strong motivation and attention to detail; ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel (proficient with v-lookups, pivots, formulas).
- Experience working in a multi-system environment; knowledge of Hyperion a plus.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Some travel required.