POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a leader in the metals industry, founded over 50 years ago and headquartered in St. Louis with multiple locations across the United States. They are seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team as the point of contact with regional and plant management. This role will be involved in FP&A, business analytics, and modeling. In addition, this analyst will focus on promoting standardization, benchmarking, and continuous improvement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a business partner to key functions including operations and commercial in areas such as working capital management, profitability analysis, revenue generation/cost reduction, operational efficiency, and continuous improvement.
- Perform periodic analysis, reporting and communications, forecasting, planning, budgeting, and due diligence.
- Manage complex and advanced financial analysis including modeling, justification, ROI analysis and financial presentations.
- Partner with Accounting to understand key financial drivers, identify improvement opportunities, and collaborate for change.
- Assist with contract negotiations in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Deliver exceptional customer service as the finance organization’s representative both internally and externally.
- Administer best practice and standardization activities within the organization.
- Work with management information systems to streamline business information and KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA, MBA, and/or MF preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of finance and data analytics experience showing progression required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the industrial services industry preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strategic mindset with superior work ethic and discipline.
- Highly analytical approach with a result driven attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience or ability operating effectively in a fast-paced environment involving operations and manufacturing.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.