POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global electrical manufacturer with headquarters located in the St. Louis metro area, has engaged our firm to identify a highly motivated accounting and finance professional for their newly created Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role. This is a highly visible, hands-on role and requires someone with strong experience in general accounting and financial analysis. In addition to preparing and analyzing financial data - driving continuous improvement and implementing new processes will be core objectives. This role will require developing effective partnerships across the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and develop periodic financial reports and templates designed to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan.
- Participate in developing forecasts, budgets, reporting and financial modeling to drive business decisions by interacting with a variety of functions.
- Produce monthly reporting in collaboration with key stakeholders; develop metrics to track performance against plan and provide a data driven review of company performance.
- Assist in developing the annual reporting plan with key stakeholders.
- Perform business unit financial analysis including sales and income reporting.
- Analyze spend and variance results and provide recommendations.
- Conduct analysis as needed to support key business metrics and objectives.
- Identify business issues and opportunities to improve results, especially connected to management decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years of experience in financial planning, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting, preferably in a global organization.
- Operational finance experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Ability to accurately define problems, access data, establish facts, solve problems, draw conclusions, and make meaningful recommendations in a timely manner.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis and make appropriate business decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a globally diverse cross-functional team environment, managing multiple priorities and driving for deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication along with effective presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Essbase proficiency preferred.