POSITION SUMMARY: Our client believes strongly in offering employees development opportunities and has a strong belief and focus in promoting from within. A recent promotion has created an opening with this stable and well‑respected organization located 25 miles southeast from Belleville, IL to manage their employee health and welfare programs. This role will also be responsible for the oversight, management and administration of all leaves of absence. In addition, the Health & Welfare Manager will assess the company’s competitiveness in regard to employee benefit offerings, develop and implement benefit plans and policies, and supervise the administration of current plans. Cost control will be a primary focus of this role, balancing maximum coverage at the lowest possible cost.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee benefit plan design from both a cost and content perspective, both in-house and outsourced.
- Review and recommend benefit plan changes based on research, analysis, and consideration of employee and management input.
- Manage benefit inquiries and complaints to timely and equitable resolution.
- Lead employee benefit seminars and process new elections and changes.
- Manage all aspects of the Leave of Absence program for the company, coordinating cases and claims.
- Approve or deny Leave of Absence requests in light of all relevant information available, following all privacy guidelines.
- Interpret Leave of Absence program in light of applicable federal and state laws.
- Maintain contact with Leave of Absence program participants and coordinate their return to work.
- Manage administration of leave claims including tracking time and ensuring accurate and timely pay.
- Oversee the company’s wellness program – design, coordination and communication.
- Serve as the primary contact for benefit vendors and brokers.
- Provide support for human resources compliance audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in benefit administration and management.
- Expert knowledge of benefit plan design and related federal and state employment law (FMLA, ADA, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to complete assignments.
- Capacity to maintain unwavering confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.