POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a leader in consumer durable medical equipment, focuses on extensive and compassionate services which positively impact their patients’ lives. This company has a very positive culture, and people enjoy the work they do, believe in the company’s mission, take pride in the products they provide, and work well together! This is a great opportunity to be an integral player in the growth of the organization.
The Healthcare Accounts Receivable Specialist focuses on comprehensive medical billing and insurance collection activity with resolution as the goal. Essential to performing this role are accuracy, timeliness, and follow up for all activities including claims, adjustments, collections, and general documentation.
If you have experience in insurance, Medicare and/or healthcare billing and would like to expand your knowledge into other areas of Accounts Receivable, enjoy variety in your work, are a multi-tasker and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity may be for you!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run accounts receivable reports and follow up with insurance regarding claim status.
- Ensure timely filings to in compliance with insurance regulations.
- Analyze denials and ensure timely appeals processing.
- Follow up on denials and claim resubmittals.
- Work with medical insurance reimbursements and refunds.
- Assist with pre-authorization process and documentation requirements in partnership with coordinators/representatives.
- Assist with analyzing and resolving billing discrepancies.
- Assist with researching and processing patient billing to ensure patient statements reflect accurate information.
- Assist with administrative duties fundamental to successful billing/project operations as needed.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience processing accounts payable/accounts receivable providing knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Prior experience in medical billing, insurance claims, medical records documentation, and patient communication required.
- Understanding of Medicare/ insurance carrier plan configurations related to calculations of coinsurance, deductibles, and percentages.
- Knowledge of posting insurance payments, adjustments, and offsets.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Highly organized with the capacity to multitask and prioritize tasks at hand.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and to work effectively with a wide range of people at various levels inside and outside the organization.
- Satisfactory computer skills including knowledge of Excel and Word and operating a ten-key calculator.