POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a global engineering and manufacturing company headquartered in the St. Louis metro area who has been recognized for their outstanding quality and services. The company operates an extensive network of facilities and employs approximately 1,900 employees. They have exclusively engaged our firm to conduct a search for a HRIS Analyst to add to their transforming HR department. The HRIS Analyst is a dual role. This role will be the primary HRIS resource on all HR systems with a focus on the Workday system functioning as the (SME) subject matter expert for all HR transactions and business processes, advising the HR team, managers, and employees on proper use of the HR systems in support of overall business operations. This role will also be responsible for the company’s HR Analytics which will include running reports creating management dashboards and producing presentations to be used with executive leadership on turnover, headcount, recruiting, etc. Additionally, this role will perform analysis by reviewing trends, drawing conclusions from the data and offering recommendations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Workday projects including application testing, implementation, enhancements / upgrades, new functionality investigation and deployment.
- Develop testing outlines, coordinate or complete testing efforts and review testing results with subject matter experts for final user acceptance. Update change management system with testing results and approvals. Troubleshoot adverse changes made by application enhancements, and updates. Proactively create and update documents regarding processes, workflows and related system activities.
- Design, configure, document, and maintain complex reports using Workday, Workday Studio, and Excel.
- Responsible for HR Analytics; lead runs reports and produce presentations to be used with executive leadership for turnover, headcount reports, recruiting activity, etc.
- Perform workforce analysis to look at trends, areas of concern, draw conclusions and offer recommendations.
- Create management dashboards.
- Provide all technical configuration of Workday organizations, business processes, and activities (Open Enrollment, annual merit, bonus plans/annual bonus process, creation of integrations, talent management, talent acquisition and time off/leave plans).
- Develop, create and maintain training materials and training programs associated with Workday and other HR systems use. Deliver training programs and serve as the primary help desk support for all HR system users. Manage the internal Workday Community Manager support process.
- Research and troubleshoot workflow issues.
- Work with vendor technical support to ensure trouble tickets are properly logged, worked, and technical changes are documented, implemented, and tested in a timely manner.
- Audit system data for validation/integrity.
- Manage confidentiality of data by following established security/confidentiality standards. Manage all system security protocols for users to ensure the highest level of security is maintained.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ of HRIS experience required with a minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience with Workday.
- Experience performing HR data analysis, creating reports and dashboards strongly
- Must possess a strong understanding of HR processes and data; previous experience in an HR role is a considerable asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or Information Technology or related field.
- Knowledge of and experience supporting HRIS modules such as: Core HCM, Compensation, Absence, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Employee/Manager Self-Service, Security, Integrations and/or Report Writing.
- Knowledge of and experience using online timekeeping systems (i.e. Kronos) is a plus.
- Proficiency using business software applications including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Must be a demonstrated self-starter.
- Must possess strong communication skills as well as strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to multitask effectively.
- Ability to maintain focus and produce project deliverables per established deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have a proven ability to adapt and adjust to change, be a quick learner with technology aptitude and excellent customer service attitude.
- Must be flexible to ensure that user needs are supported when required.