POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a growing and stable privately held company who is leading global supplier of a product that is used across the world in a variety of products and used in a diverse range of markets including chemical manufacturing, paints and coatings, construction, and plastics to name just a few. They are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to oversee all aspects of the HR function for approximately 500 employees at their plant near Ste. Genevieve. Duties will include but not be limited to talent acquisition, workforce planning, compensation, employee relations, and performance management. There will also be responsibilities related to labor relations and collective bargaining agreement administration.
HR is a well-respected throughout the organization and is a true partner with the business leaders at this facility. Leadership relies heavily on this role and his/her 3 direct reports to partner and collaborate in meeting the day to day and strategic direction of this facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct daily Human Resources activities throughout the facility.
- Evaluate personnel challenges and provide support and solutions for people-related matters.
- Partner with leadership to provide human resources services supporting business goals and objectives.
- Plan and conduct new hire orientation with HR team addressing location priorities.
- Chair labor relations activities as leadership representative.
- Investigate labor relations issues, documenting results and implementing actions.
- Participate in contract negotiations as part of the management team.
- Make recommendations for HR budget; track spending and ensure performance favorable to budget.
- Develop and conduct training to promote improvement and HR compliance relating to leadership, communication, etc.
- Create and keep current all policies, procedures, job descriptions, handbooks, etc. based on business needs.
- Support processes and activities related to performance review, merit increases, open enrollment and benefits administration.
- Develop and manage associated apprenticeship programs to ensure availability of skilled workers.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with third-party providers of needed services.
- Represent the company in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business Management or related field required.
- HR certification through HRCI or SHRM strongly preferred.
- Union and labor relations experience HIGHLY preferred.
- 10+ years of human resources experience with increasing responsibility and HR leadership required.
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage employees including development and discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels.
- Focus on achieving results.
- Ability to multitask effectively with appropriate prioritization.