POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a consumer equipment developer and manufacturer, is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their operation in Belleville, IL supporting ~200 employees. The HRBP serves as part of the site leadership team and contributes to improved site performance by supporting employee development and engagement. Responsible for the site’s human resources function, the HRBP implements and oversees human resources policies and programs in pursuit of company objectives and advises and coaches managers regarding HR concerns. Areas of involvement include but are not limited to recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, and organizational development. In addition, the HRBP will participate in corporate initiatives and projects with other division professionals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with site leadership to provide meaningful input on business concerns and people related initiatives.
- Facilitate organizational development such as goal setting, performance management and succession planning.
- Oversee talent management for all staff including recruiting, on-boarding, and compensation analysis.
- Consult with company leadership concerning promotion, demotion, terminations, employee relations, etc.
- Drive positive employee relations including employee engagement initiatives.
- Coordinate activities supporting career development such as training, seminars, educational assistance, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive investigations to understand workforce issues, provide recommendations based on investigation results, and participate in administering the selected resolution.
- Implement established policies and initiatives; provide recommendations for development and improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Oversee worker’s compensation claims administration and return to work transitions according to applicable laws and company policies.
- Coordinate HR administrative activities including data and reporting, review and screening processes, and employee requests.
- Manage employee record maintenance including personnel files, benefit documentation, I-9 records, HIPAA files, etc. in accordance with all applicable standards.
- Manage site HR budget and assist in compiling information for annual budgeting activities.
- Respond to employee questions and concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources or similar combination of education and experience.
- Exhibited consistency in verbal and behavioral expressions; hold others accountable to the same standard.
- Demonstrated ability to manage difficult issues and coach others in managing their concerns.
- Ability to build and maintain beneficial relationships at all organizational levels.
- Ability to positively influence others through communicating ideas and concerns.
- Capacity to create meaningful presentations which support concepts, address concerns, and describe content implications.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10%.