POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a leading health care system in the Midwest. They have exclusively engaged our firm to identify a Human Resources Business Partner for one of their most critical hospitals located in St. Louis. They are seeking someone who is available immediately and would be willing to start as a temp and convert to a permanent employee. The HRBP serves as a strategic leadership partner providing consultative HR support and direction. This role will support ~1,100 leaders and employees at the hospital. The ideal individual will have 5-7 years of HR experience with strong focus on employee relations. This position requires someone who has strong influencing skills, proactive, team-oriented, and strong knowledge of employment law.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional HR support and service to leaders and employees.
- Develop strategic partnerships and relationships with leaders to proactively assist the hospital in achieving exceptional service goals.
- Implement strategies to enhance employee engagement.
- Coach and develop leaders to effectively engage employees.
- Develop effective tools and processes for leaders to achieve high performing engaged employees.
- Consult leaders and work with employees on all employee relations issues.
- Effectively work with leaders to develop action plans addressing employee performance and conduct issues.
- Guide and assist with conflict and issue resolution to workplace concerns.
- Promote employee advocacy and support to resolve employee and workplace issues.
- Strengthen positive supervisor-employee relations.
- Assist with onboarding employees and new leaders to the culture of the organization; including conducting new hire orientation.
- Participate in HR-related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Ability to function as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR terminology.
- Ability to work collaboratively and perceptively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer focus with high degree of professionalism.