POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a division of an international chemical company headquartered in St. Louis, has a 100‑year history and a tenured workforce and is seeking an up and coming HR professional to join as their new Human Resources Director. This position reporting to the division CEO and sitting on the leadership team, will be responsible for all aspects of HR strategy and day to day operations for 250 employees in two U.S. locations. Our client is specifically seeking a local St. Louis candidate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage a multi-site HR team as a role model promoting accountability, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Partner closely with the CEO who recognizes the value of a strategic HR leader and knows that employees are the company’s most valuable asset.
- Must be experienced in change management and champion change through:
- Upcoming HRIS implementation
- Organizational design and capability
- Future mergers and acquisition activity
- Accountable for strategic initiatives across production locations in addition to various operational duties.
- Create and maintain strong business relationships through a comprehensive understanding of the organization and its priorities while driving talent strategies in support of company goals.
- Participate on the U.S.-based parent company HR leadership team, ensuring HR strategy and practice alignment across the organization.
- Proactively engage with production and professional employees, supporting employee engagement and employee relations initiatives to promote fairness and motivation.
- Guide managers on HR activities to ensure consistency while serving as a liaison between employees and management.
- Lead the performance management process, providing training and feedback for a comprehensive and timely approach and focus on performance improvement.
- Lead the succession planning process to develop effective leaders as well as bench strength for the future.
- Design and execute effective recruiting, workforce planning and retention strategies to promote and improve talent management.
- Oversee compensation strategies including incentive and recognition programs.
- Address employee relations concerns, representing management in investigating and settling issues.
- Provide leadership in establishing a safe work environment, addressing and correcting any and all unsafe situations.
- Create and participate in professional networks in pursuit of trends and conditions effecting the business and/or HR programs and policies.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field required; master’s degree and/or PHR preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in Human Resources incorporating progressive responsibilities required.
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Experience in a global organization and/or integrating acquisitions a plus.
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically and operate tactically.
- Reliable, trusted advisor to all organizational levels with an adaptable yet assertive approach.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading human resources functions as contributors to business strategy.
- Proven ability to lead complex organizational change and performance management, transforming strategy into practice.
- Experience with union avoidance strategies preferred.
- Must advocate for technology and have hands-on experience with ADP, SuccessFactors, HRIS systems, and Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly effective communicator, verbally and in writing, in a variety of applications and scenarios.
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues with sound judgment consistent with internal and external standards and regulations.
- Ability to digest, analyze and interpret financial data.
- Willingness to travel to international and domestic business destinations, initially 20% reducing to 10%.