POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is an award-winning provider of global insurance and assistance benefits and services, employing approximately 500 people in the United States and Europe. The Human Resources Director will assume responsibility for all aspects of the company’s human resources function, reporting to the Executive Vice President and participating on the Executive Team. This role offers a significant opportunity to be involved with business strategy and support business evolution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PEOPLE STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATION
- Serve as a trusted advisor regarding organizational structure and company culture. Provide broad-based advice on overall business management and specific human resources issues.
- Develop and maintain an organizational plan for all business units.
- Partner in nurturing and evolving company culture and values consistent with the business focus and expectations.
- Work to identify and implement human resources programs which support company objectives while managing cost where possible.
- Examine human resources decisions with a focus on cost containment and financial objectives.
- Nurture and manage productive, trusting employee relations. Plan and coordinate employee relations activities to maintain a positive employee climate.
- Minimize company liability exposure on employment issues.
- Develop recruitment initiatives to access new talent sources and support company objectives.
- Provide for a well-defined performance management mindset and process focused on results and behaviors which is understood by management and employees.
- Identify shortcomings between current organization capabilities and required competencies. Develop and implement plans to acquire skills necessary to the organization.
- Develop a meaningful and proactive talent program including improved bench strength through hiring, talent development and results review and measurement.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the current benefits program in relation to the company’s objectives.
- Direct the implementation of compensation policies and procedures, and recommend changes to meet strategic compensation objectives.
- Develop an incentive compensation program linked to performance management.
- Provide strategic and inspired leadership to the human resources department staff.
- Continually evaluate and adjust the human resources function to ensure optimal design and effectiveness.
- Direct the human resources budget and provide strong guidance to functions regarding human resources programs.
- Establish metrics to evaluate human resources function effectiveness and contributions in the organization.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships to ensure the organization regards human resources as a meaningful internal customer service source.
- Select and implement an HRIS to administer, analyze and report data supporting strategic vision and goals.
- Senior human resources leadership experience reporting to either a CEO, President or Executive Vice President, or one level below in a regional or division business unit.
- Experience within a highly regarded organization known for a well-developed and effective human resources function.
- Uncompromised record of ethical integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business, economics or another relevant field; M.B.A and SPHR certification preferred.
- Demonstrated record of consistently delivering employee-focused cost-effective human resources solutions.
- Knowledge and experience across a wide range of human resources disciplines.
- Strong strategic and operational human resources skills supporting leadership across a wide range of topics and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an effective business partner to senior management guiding business strategies and financial objectives.
- Strong business acumen and financial understanding allowing for contributions as a business executive as well as a human resources executive.
- Global experience highly preferred.
- Willing and able to relocate to Indianapolis, IN in the immediate future.