Our client is a leader in the metal manufacturing industry, founded over 50 years ago and headquartered in St. Louis with multiple locations across the United States. Due to a recent promotion, they are seeking an HR Generalist with experience in a union manufacturing setting to support approximately 175 employees across three facilities. Our client believes strongly in development and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full-cycle recruitment including sourcing candidates, attending recruiting events, conducting interviews, processing background checks, extending offers, onboarding, and orientation.
- Assist with union grievance processing according to the current bargaining agreement.
- Work closely with plant and production managers on employee relations issues including but not limited to conducting investigations and participating in performance warnings, discipline actions, and terminations.
- Execute administration of FMLA and LOA requests.
- Respond to unemployment inquiries and represent the company at hearings.
- Perform benefit administration including open enrollment, changes, and wellness events.
- Conduct training on company policies and benefits, coaching techniques, and communication.
- Manage company-wide training programs through third party providers.
- Assist plant managers with succession planning and annual performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an HR Generalist in a union setting.
- Experience in labor relations.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels and union officials to accomplish established goals.