POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a chemical manufacturer operating multiple sites. They are seeking a Human Resources Generalist with 3+ years of experience to join their team at the plant in Ste. Genevieve. This role will focus on recruiting for challenging professional roles as well as involvement in employee relations. The company offers good work/life balance and an opportunity to learn and cross-train. The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing, utility or construction background and bring an upbeat, team-oriented, employee-focused attitude. Our client offers a very competitive salary and a comprehensive high-end benefits package.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment of professional salaried roles in engineering, operations, finance, etc. This includes creative sourcing, screening, interviewing, scheduling, background verification, etc.
- Manage onboarding for new hires including offer letters, processing paperwork and orientation.
- Serve as back-up representative for labor relations, answering questions and interpreting the collective bargaining agreement.
- Responsible for some employee relations for non-union employees.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal requirements and government policies relating to human resources.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees departing voluntarily.
- Assist with projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field.
- 3-5 years of HR generalist experience including strong recruiting in manufacturing or related field.
- Basic knowledge of employment law and some employee relations experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; working knowledge of payroll systems a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to anticipate and plan ahead.
- A team player with a friendly demeanor and willingness to work “outside the box”.