POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, is a leading provider of innovative products to the retail food industry. They are seeking a temp to perm Human Resources Generalist to join their corporate HR team. This role will act as an HR Business Partner and support several of the company’s corporate departments (i.e. Finance, Sales and Marketing, etc.) for ~300 individuals. The ideal individual will have 5-7 years of HR generalist experience looking for a company that is growing and progressive. This position requires someone who is collaborative, outgoing, energetic, and confident in their HR knowledge.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strong HR support to employees and leaders of corporate functions by being the HR subject matter expert.
- Support the recruitment process for salary employees; including, but not limited to, conducting interviews of candidates selected by talent acquisition team for departments this role supports and managing the pre-employment process.
- Manage new hire onboarding and orientation to align expectations with company goals.
- Assist with administering HR policies and procedures to support both employees and company goals.
- Maintain knowledge of legal regulations and reporting, ensuring policies and procedures are compliant.
- Manage employee relations issues as needed.
- Process employee updates in HRIS system (Workday).
- Serve as corporate liaison for company-wide programs supporting engagement, retention, wellness, etc.
- Respond to queries and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Create, interpret and communicate HR metrics.
- Participate in HR-related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Ability to function as a Human Resources Business Partner.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR terminology.
- Ability to work collaboratively and perceptively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems; Workday knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.