POSITION SUMMARY: An established and well-respected manufacturing company headquartered in Washington, Missouri, is currently looking for a Human Resources Lead to build out their HR function. The HR Lead is an individual contributor role supporting 200 employees. The organization is fast-paced, and this person must have a strong generalist background with strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail. This unique role will be responsible for setting the HR strategy to align with the company goals as well as performing the day to day HR functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement HR solutions to achieve strategic initiatives and results.
- Evaluate current HR programs and processes for efficiency and effectiveness, making suggestions for improvement and cost reduction as appropriate.
- Provide expertise for interpretation of employment policies and procedures.
- Implement and manage the talent acquisition process including executing creative sourcing activities.
- Establish and monitor key metrics.
- Coordinate the hiring process including offer letters, pre-employment screening, etc.
- Create and execute a positive onboarding experience.
- Manage the benefits enrollment process including developing and delivering materials and presentations for new hires and open enrollment that provide education and enhance understanding of the company benefits package.
- Perform benefit plan administration activities including enrollment, changes and termination of services.
- Serve as the primary and support contact for plan vendors, third party administrators and employees.
- Understand and monitor risk, reporting and documentation including compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Coordinate and execute the performance review process.
- Partner with management to identify and create development plans for high potential employees.
- Oversee succession planning for key positions based on competency gap analysis.
- Provide support and coaching to managers and supervisors to promote effective leadership.
- Assist with mediation of employee concerns.
- Conduct exit interviews and track turnover trends.
- Co-lead the site safety program including the following.
- Coordinate and manage workplace injury and near miss incident investigation including light duty and return to work.
- Administer workers’ compensation claims process.
- Suggest proactive initiatives to improve workplace safety.
- Process, maintain and audit I-9 records.
- Oversee ACA reporting requirements.
- Maintain EEO/AAP data and ensure timely completion of EEO-1 and AAP reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related degree required.
- Professional Human Resource Certificate (PHR) preferred.
- Competencies to include the following: agility, critical thinking, trusted business ally, cross-functional business partner, results driven, customer focus, operation excellence and communication proficiency.
- 5+ years of human resources generalist experience with a strong recruiting background.
- Preferred experience to include AAP and EEO-1 reporting and tracking.
- Ability to effectively and accurately multi-task with strong attention to detail, take initiative and prioritize, and maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with individuals and groups at all organization levels.
- Excellent skills in communication, customer service, analysis, problem-solving and coaching/influencing.
- Proven ability to work in a team and build a positive work environment.