POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global electrical manufacturer, is seeking a Human Resources Manager who wants to "own HR" for their plant and assembly locations in the Fargo, ND area. This role will be responsible for an employee population of ~375+ and will have one direct report (HR Generalist). This position will report to the Corporate HR Director. The responsibilities of this role will include employee relations, talent acquisition, talent management, and ensuring market competitiveness to recruit and retain a talented workforce.
The ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing or industrial background and bring an upbeat, team-oriented, employee‑focused attitude.
Our client offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, good work/life balance and development opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for talent acquisition and talent management including full cycle recruiting and onboarding.
- Develop and implement strategy to position company as local employer of choice by ensuring market competitiveness to recruit and retain a talented workforce.
- Foster positive employee relations by investigating employee complaints/issues and recommending solutions.
- Coach supervisors regarding appropriate response and resolution of employee issues.
- Maintain effective communication with employees to support morale and engagement.
- Maintain HRIS system (Paycom) administration and reporting with timely processing of employee changes and ensuring data integrity.
- Conduct employee performance and salary reviews.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions as needed.
- Conduct and track training programs including identifying gaps and external resources.
- Responsible for driving a safety culture, including tracking metrics and working with plant managers to investigate accidents/incidents.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures with consistency and fairness.
- Respond to employee inquiries on a variety of topics in a timely manner.
- Remain current on applicable employment law.
- Consistently maintain strict confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; PHR/SHRM-CP certification(s) highly desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of HR experience in roles with similar focus required.
- Solid critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize time and organize competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior communication and people skills including negotiation/persuasion.
- Demonstrated integrity with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience with HRIS systems; knowledge of Paycom a plus.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office with emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.