POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is an established, growing and privately held diversified business with headquarters in Missouri with multiple business units located in multiple states. They are seeking a Human Resources Manager to oversee day-to-day operations of Human Resources to include executing on strategy, managing employee relations, administering benefits, directing payroll, and ensuring data integrity in existing HRIS. This role has direct reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing HR strategies, programs and policies focusing on best practice and continuous
- Engage in talent development, training, performance management and coaching activities to enhance and improve productivity.
- Maintain records and metrics across areas of responsibility including compensation, job descriptions, organizational charts, etc.
- Investigate employment-related issues to include but not limited to harassment, discrimination, etc. and determine resolution and plans to mitigate future risk.
- Oversee all payroll functions including, but not limited to, audits and tax filings to ensure timely, accurate and efficient processing.
- Administer 401(k) plan ensuring current and accurate information, timing, tracking, and audits.
- Direct claims for workers’ compensation, unemployment, FMLA, etc. including tracking and documentation.
- Working within HRIS, ensure data accuracy for effective recordkeeping and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all government laws and regulations and complete all required reporting to include but not limited to Workers’ Compensation, ADA, EEO, FMLA, ACA and FLSA as required.
- Serve as a resource for all employees regarding HR programs, policies, and procedures.
- Expand current practices and procedures to enhance offerings and add value.
- Oversee Open Enrollment and benefit offerings.
- Develop and implement effective communication and education regarding HR-related topics and programs.
- Establish and develop positive relationships with internal and external customers including site visits.
- Revise and update all materials and manuals as needed including assigned sections of website.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Current SHRM membership/PHR certification or willingness to obtain upon hire.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in human resources, payroll, and benefits.
- HR experience in an organization of 500+ employees.
- Experience working for a multi-site, multi-state company strongly preferred.
- Experience working for an organization with multiple business units highly desirable.
- Ability to understand and uniformly apply a wide range of specific policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including utilizing discretion and confidentiality as needed.
- Ability to analyze information and issues, arriving at appropriate and effective actions and solutions.
- Solid written and oral communication and project management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management, prioritizing and managing multiple projects amid interruptions.
- Technology skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS system experience.