POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a privately held company with over 1,000 employees, is a leading global supplier of a product used in a variety of applications in a diverse range of markets including chemical manufacturing, paints and coatings, construction, and plastics to name just a few. They are well regarded in their industry and known for their ethics, stability, and employee tenure. They are adding a newly created position to their organization, Internal Communications Specialist, to create and implement their internal communications strategy. Collaborating with a variety of partners, the Internal Communications Specialist will gather information, develop content, and achieve effective communication for both internal and external audiences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, evaluate and recommend emerging trends, best practices, methods, and tools for effective communication in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Identify and create communications content relative to the business and its audience.
- Ensure consistency in all aspects of the organization’s communications.
- Develop and maintain a company-wide strategic communications calendar.
- Gather factual content including interviewing a variety of internal and external parties.
- Design and publish social media content on LinkedIn and/or other business platforms, monitor for feedback, and address inquiries.
- Develop, implement, and monitor methods to increase web traffic and report progress.
- Develop and maintain company intranet content.
- Create, publish, and distribute press releases and employee / community newsletters.
- Maintain library of company publications, photos, historical materials, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendor partners for key initiatives including crisis communication, video production, professional photography, etc.
- Participate on the charitable contributions committee and maintain contributions budget.
- Organize and support a wide variety of company and community events.
- Plan, design, and deliver training courses and materials as assigned.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field required.
- Minimum two years of applicable hands-on experience required.
- Proficient in desktop publishing, MS Office Suite, and social media analytics.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and dynamic requirements.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively engage audiences.
- Excellence in business writing and proofreading is essential.