POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a well-known and highly respected global professional services firm headquartered in the greater St. Louis area. They have engaged our firm to assist them in identifying an Investment Accounting Analyst to join their team! This role will be primarily involved with data analysis and reporting functions to support investment activities. Prior knowledge of investments and investment accounting is highly desirable.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and recap investment information for a variety of examiners, both internal and external.
- Review analysis of investment data and documents to identify errors and gather information for reporting and recommendations.
- Accurately summarize information, assess risk, and work collaboratively to make recommendations and execute changes.
- Perform accounting functions and prepare reports at a variety of intervals for assigned asset and investment accounting areas.
- Work with Investment Accounting and other functional areas to promote efficient and effective accounting and reporting practices.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP guidelines and prepare/review GAAP reporting disclosures.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related work experience; master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting or finance experience; public accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting/finance theory and application as well as financial reporting.
- Intermediate understanding of GAAP accounting principles and insurance financial reporting experience preferred.
- Advanced investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced skills in Excel and basic skills in Word required.
- Intermediate communication skills with the ability to convey knowledge in both written and oral formats.
- Results orientation with the ability to adapt, multitask, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be accountable, flexible and take initiative, especially in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate across a variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.