POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a regional healthcare service provider, is seeking a Legal Assistant to be the “right hand” of the Corporate Director of Compliance, assisting him with his schedule (keeping him on task) and providing administrative support across the board including preparing legal document (contracts, agreements, etc.). This organization has an incredible culture and is very mission focused. Open to someone who wants 40 hours per week or someone who prefers to work just 32 hours (4 days) per week. If you are looking for a role where you are contributing to a mission-oriented organization, overtime is rare, and you can leave your work at work, this is an opportunity you should definitely consider!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, direct and place telephone calls per management direction.
- Schedule appointments for a variety of purposes such as depositions and meetings.
- Prepare papers and documents such as memorandums, leases, contracts, etc.
- Draft correspondence and documents as directed.
- Assist in researching and organizing information required for legal proceedings.
- Organize and maintain files and documents relating to pending and past proceedings and claims.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of relevant secretary and/or legal assistant coursework at a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years of relevant secretarial experience in a legal environment preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations as they apply to assigned duties.
- Substantial knowledge regarding fundamentals of law and the tools for legal study.
- Ability to prepare reports and correspondence as well as maintain records.
- Some knowledge of preparing correspondence, briefs, arguments and/or pleadings for legal cases.
- Ability to employ tact, discretion, and good judgment at all times.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Capacity to multitask efficiently, managing time while effectively prioritizing and delegating as needed.