POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a St. Louis-based, rapidly growing provider of health services in multiple states, is seeking a Payroll Administrator to assume responsibility for processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner. These duties will include all related administration, reporting, and process and procedure inquiry responses.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with management and human resources to secure accurate employee time data.
- Load pay data entry files as needed.
- Calculate and process wage assignments, severance, retroactive and supplemental pay.
- Process miscellaneous expenses, timecard adjustments, reversals, new hire/terminations, reimbursements, garnishments, and cross charges.
- Maintain company payroll records including tax withholding maintenance.
- Research and respond to inquiries from employees, management and third parties.
- Maintain payroll processing procedure manual and assist in training as needed.
- Process W-2 requests and return checks.
- Review payroll related reports and follow up for accuracy and resulting implications.
- Participate in payroll projects and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 2 years of experience processing payroll or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Experience with automated payroll system preferred.