Our client, a rapidly growing family of home care companies offering solutions in support of choice and independence, is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their Shared Services team. This newly created role provides an opportunity to collaborate and shape the payroll department. If you are a hands-on self-starter with expertise and motivation, please read on!
OUR CLIENT OFFERS
- Competitive compensation
- Alternative work schedule
- Company-sponsored medical, dental and vision plan for employees and their dependents
- Wellness program
- Learning development program
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Charitable contribution matching
- Vacation and sick time along with twelve (12) paid federal holidays
- Regularly catered meals
- A fully stocked pantry
- Relaxed working environment and much more
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Manage and process bi-weekly payroll for assigned divisions.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding time exceptions and adjustments.
- Review time off requests for accuracy and approval.
- Enter garnishments, medical deductions, and other employee deductions.
- Confirm proper entering of all new hires in ADP.
- Perform daily data entry with timely and accurate updates for new hires, status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.
- Maintain accurate information in ADP and audit payroll information for accuracy.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to maintain employee data.
- Respond to employee questions regarding payroll related matters in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot issues regarding payroll related matters and respond accordingly to employee inquiries.
- Provide the best-in-class service experience for corporate clients, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Design processes and systems to help ensure accuracy and best practices for processing payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Stay informed regarding key dates and important deadlines.
- Prepare relevant records for management on a periodic basis as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a high-volume transaction environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences; fluency in Russian or Hmong is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of a payroll system (ADP preferred) and productivity software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).