POSITION SUMMARY: Would you be interested in an opportunity to develop operational excellence and make a positive impact on your employees, customers, and community? Our client, an established, growing and privately held diversified business headquartered in Missouri with multiple business units located in multiple states, is offering training and placement as a Retail Manager. If you see yourself in a fast-paced retail setting with the ability to manage an efficient and profitable location while delivering outstanding customer service, read on. The company offers competitive compensation, full benefits package, professional development, and chance to contribute your ideas for future growth and improvement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build management skills and learn the system by working alongside experienced management with increasing responsibility.
- Protect company assets with skillful activity management such as bank deposits, pricing and promotions, inventory control, discrepancy investigation, etc.
- Perform financial analysis relating to store operations and track progress against established goals.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times, meeting customer needs whenever possible in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement within company guidelines.
- Manage onsite personnel regarding attendance and performance.
- Interact and build relationships with vendors while placing orders, designing displays, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and attractive environment for customers and employees.
- Investigate and resolve all injury and/or damage incidents including implementing preventative measures.
- Successfully complete all required training and certifications.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations as defined by both the company and government agencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate or bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum three years of leadership experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to analyze facts and situations and formulate reasonable judgements and courses of action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness and ability to work an irregular schedule including some evenings and weekends.